[Diy_efi] Re: Diy_efi Digest, Vol 3, Issue 14

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Tue Mar 11 00:05:37 GMT 2003

Gents,
    A possibility:
Conceptually:
                                    P&H FET (across R2)
                                     |             |
Vsupply-----Inj----R1------R2-----Driver Transistor----GND

P&H FET is turned on when Driver Transistor turns off,
P&H FET turns off 'x' microseconds after Driver Transistor turns on.
This delay could be done with an Resistor/Cap circuit or, better by the
EFI Micro making the duration programmable.

Hold current limit is set by R1 + R2,
Peak current limit is set by R1.

Peak current duration is 'x' + P & H FET switching time.
Remainder of duration to Driver off is Peak Current

Regards
Bill W