[Diy_efi] new EFI controller

Mark Bowers & Family mbalntel at cfw.com
Tue Mar 11 01:43:51 GMT 2003

> Injection:
> Nothing fancy that I can think of.  I'd really like to keep this part
simple
> as, I don't really want anything like a DC-DC converter, I'd prefer to
> obtain any high voltage from the actual field collapse, and then use this
> energy to jump start the field back up again with the next injection
pulse.

At first blush, I can't clearly see that this will work. Only a small
percentage of the energy put into an injector coil fro opening and holding
actually ends up in the magnetic field, the rest is wasted in heat in the
driver or coil resistance. That vast majority of energy per injection pulse
is not avialable for the next injection pulse. So, an external circuit is
needed if you want higher than 12 VDC nominal to drive the injectors.

OBTW, if you could do what you suggested, you would be darned close to a
perpetual motion machine....

Regards,
Mark B.