[Diy_efi] new EFI controller

Henning Baldersheim balder at captech.no
Tue Mar 11 06:08:07 GMT 2003

Hi

I started off some a couple of months ago on a MPC555 EFI approach. I have
read around on the info I could find on the subject. I concluded that the
MPC 555/565 was the way to go.
Among my requirements where distributor less ignition, fuel injection and
possibility for ION sensing and enough for a V8.

I got the phytec mpc555 and ported ECOS(http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/) to
the board. I am putting in the algorithms from efi332, but with a multi
threaded approach.
Since I am rather new to this engine control I have spent some time trying
to figure out what other components should be there. Injector drivers,
ignition drivers, EGT amplifiers, cam/crank position sensing, WB02 etc.

However sometimes daytime jobs take their time, so progress is not speedy.
I am definitely interested in what ever happens around the 555/565.

I thing the 565 is what Saab uses in their Trionic 8 in the new 9-3 sport
sedan. Saab have been using 32 bit cpus since 1992 and ion sensing
(capacitive ign, i think). I also wonder if it is in use in never BMWs.

Henning