[Diy_efi] injector sequencing.

joeld joeld at ualberta.ca
Tue Mar 11 06:54:32 GMT 2003

I am looking into a project where there needs to be two injectors per
cylinder.
Only one would need to be used at low rpm and the other one would, ideally,
fade in as rpm and load increases.

If any of you have been folowing my questions, We have been attempting to make
a snowmobile DI. Presently, short of dropping in a ready to go motor, this is
a huge proposistion. But that is another story. Here is where the two
injectors comes in. One injector is in the cylinder wall and the other would
be well into the transfer port. At low speed/load only the in-cylinder
injector would be used, when more fuel was needed, and the porting became
closer to its optimal rpm range, the other injector would commence as well.

There is no way to do this through an aftermarket controller is there? We have
a DTA controller presently. What if you had two fuel rails and a valve that
could limit one rail to no flow at low rpm. I guess you could do the same with
a variable pressure reg on that rail. What is out there for pressure regs, I
am sort of in the dark in that area.

Joel Day
C.S.C 2003 Project Coordinator
ph: 434 9294