[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Mos mos at sydney.net
Tue Mar 11 15:19:24 GMT 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Mike wrote:

> At 01:38 AM 3/12/03 +1100, you wrote:
> >> <cough> I dont see how boost has anything to do with the number of bits.
>
> So now you are saying air flow voltage is related to boost pressure
> rather intimately ?

There's no standard (that I was referring to). I was referring to MAP and
atmo - hence 5V/1bar (yes, very generally). As another poster stated,
there's 5V/3bar (and also 5V/2bar).

It doesn't matter what you're measuring, but if your range increases, your
resolution will decrease if you use the same number of bits, period. Your
10 bits will not give you the same resolution with 2 bar as they will with
1 bar.

I was in no way saying that it was insufficient - merely stating that
boost *can* affect the number of required bits - so yes, boost does have a
lot to do with the number of bits.

Air flow voltage is related to air flow (obviously), and air flow is very
intimately related to boost pressure.

Mos.

--
84 AE86, 90 ST185GrpA, 91 MX83Gr, Sydney, Oz.