[Diy_efi] Re: Minimalist micro based EFI ?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 11 15:39:38 GMT 2003

*grin*,

I'll take a closer look at the MS, its just that I'm
not acquainted with that CPU and have several different
development systems at my disposal and lots of chips in
the lab to choose from which seem a bit more minimal <cough>
or rather less than minimal below that of the MS <sigh>
if you know what I mean...

And perhaps I'd feel comfortable doing another flavour
around a CPU I am more intimate with having designed
around for decades <groan>

FWIW, I was thinking of doing one around the C8051F310
by Cygnal as I have a dev system and it has JTAG in circuit
non-invasive debug which runs off my lowly 486 laptop,
writing ECU s/w whilst camping in the forests of Boranup
during Easter over a cigar and red wine looking up at
the stars should give me the willies - but it doesnt !

*grin*

Regards ~`:o)

mike
F310 reference,   http://www.cygnal.com/products/C8051F310.htm
 chip is around A$14 at mo,

At 03:17 PM 3/11/03 -0000, you wrote:
>This is a thread on minimalist designs which started off saying that the
MS which uses a $9 part is too complex. Suddenly everyone wants to make it
EFI-332.