[Diy_efi] To dwell or not to dwell...

William Taylor wat121 at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 12 03:46:51 GMT 2003

I need to determine what is controling the dwell in the ignition cycle.
Wether it's the ECU or part of the coil on plug. Coil has a "Power
Transistor".
Coil part number:
Hanshin
AIC-3103G
22448 AL615
2911
I an hoping the dwell control is contained within the coil and all the ECU
sends is the trigger signal. Is there a way to check this w/o an
osciliscope? This would allow me to ditch the stock ecu and save some money
by not having to purchase or build an ignition contol modulal. BTW, this is
for a 2003 350Z. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.