[Diy_efi] USABLE PARTS

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Mar 12 04:56:40 GMT 2003

4.3 TB has correct diameter bores but needs larger injectors.  Some
vacuum ports might not be present, and there might be some extras.
Check linkage to ensure cables connect correctly.

Ecm may or may not be usable, depends on ecm number.  Wiring harness may
be usable, depends on mounting point of ecm in relation to length of
harness.  Like any application of mis-matched parts, some modification
may be necessary.  It's a darn good idea to get a factory service manual
for the donor vehicle and possible for something similar to the
configuration you're setting up.

Check 2004r tcc wiring diagrams to ensure any internal switches are
connected correctly.

The questions are really too vague, but changes to the computer range
from just changing the chip all the way to spending years tuning.  Kinda
depends on you...

installing distributor from engine with different number of cylinders is
an accident just looking to happen.

Maybe you should do some more reading/ asking qiestions before
attempting this?

Shannen