[Diy_efi] Re: new EFI controller

Bill SHURVINTON bill at shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 21:49:19 GMT 2003

Go to www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html and read his section on the V2
flyback and why the recirculating system used originally causes problems
with large flow rate injectors and why this new scheme was developed. He
puts it far more eloquently than I can. It is tested and it works. Very
well.

Yes I have looked at the circuit. I have built it, I have scoped it and my
car is running with it.

There is now a V3 to deal with issues with very high current requirements.

Calling it simply a mistake is to belittle the work Bruce Bowling has done
on this and the hours testing the design. Sure it is only one of several
ways to deal with flyback when PWM controlling P&H injectors, but TI use it
as well.

Bill