[Diy_efi] Crank sensor for knock detection?

Programmer nwester at eidnet.org
Thu Mar 13 18:29:45 GMT 2003

Sorry, Scott--I meant after the reflash. The spark curve originally isn't
that bad. After a reflash, you'll typically lose 3-4 MPG and lose an
equivalent amount of power. There's been as many as 3-4 reflash upgrades for
some of the 2001 trucks, and each time--sure the pinging is solved--but
there's no power and no fuel economy.

I think it stems back to cyl head design and EGR flow in these things...they
need a little "redesign" again. They had a good thing going in the earlier
years and seem to have lost it.

Lyndon