[Diy_efi] timeframe to get equal fuel distribution

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 05:33:11 GMT 2003

--- Bevan Weiss <kaizen__ at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Which cars are using GDI (gasoline direct
> injection)??

http://alflash.narod.ru/D4.htm

Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota (Denso system).
Supposedly, Mitsu plans on replacing all port
injection with GDI eventually.

Apparently Volvo had a car with a Mitsu GDI.

Renault has used the Siemens/Bosch system in some
Meganes.

Delphi has a system, but I can't find whose cars it is
used in.

> (also what's the cost for the injectors?)

That I can't help you with.  Are they even available
outside of OE Tier 1 and 2 levels?  GDI doesn't seem
to serve a lot of purpose without very specific ECU
power, software, combustion chamber design, etc...  It
doesn't appear that it would be a lot of use to a
hobbyist.  Reading up on the Bosch/Siemens system,
there's not even anything you could modify witout
making a LOT of things worse.

> And which cars are using COP (coil on plug)
> ignition??

That seems to be getting pretty common, although my
travels keep me mostly in the motorcycle world.  It's
hard to find sporty bikes that use conventional coils
any more.

> (and again what's the cost per coil?)

Retail?  For motorcycles, in the same ballpark as
standard coils, but they are terribly overpriced
retail anyway.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |