[Diy_efi] efi conversion

Gene Holtzclaw motrv8d at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 16 19:21:31 GMT 2003

Paul, thank you for responding. I am not sure of the part number on the
injectors as I went to a parts store, looked through the injectors that
potentially would fit, and then backed into the parts book to see what they
came on. They were the GM 3.1 litre, the GM 4.3 liter, and the Ford 5.0
litre. The way the Lucas throttle bodies are made would make it extremely
easy to make a small bracket to hold two injectors in side by side. The
three seperate throttle bodies are plumbed as to interconnect for vacume
reading across an average of all three. I would like to mount the mechanical
injection distributor but gut it and in essence use it as a fuel rail with
the fuel lines feeding each injector as to keep somewhat of the original
appearance. I've looked at the megasquirt controllers but they appear very
much for the techies. I'm not putting it down, its just that i've done
several ground up restos and a couple of engine transplants and feel as
though I can do most anything within reason and am not scared to scrounge
salvage yards for acceptable stuff. My question is in injector sizing
because it seems that fuel pressure and timing would be more a factor in
conversion than size of injector. Or am I over simpifing it? Anyway, as far
as controllers are concerned, it looks like a GM of a mid 90's v-6 will work
and put the leads on the injectors as needed to correspond to firing order.
comments?