[Diy_efi] Re: [WB-o2] LED changes brightness

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sun Mar 16 23:04:06 GMT 2003

I have been doing a little testing, and I found a problem.
SOMETIMES my DIY-WB heater circuit became unstable
and was unable to drive the heater 100%.  Dimming LED.
I fixed it with a .047mfd cap across D5, pins 1 and 3.  These
are the 2 end pins, easy to tack a cap onto.  Philip, could
you try this and see if it helps?  The exact value of the cap
could vary some.

I also tried my 1 min timer that shorts out R4.  It worked
well after the above fix.  Dropped the minimum input voltage
to below 11.7V for me.  The circuit was stable.  Once again,
Philip could you try the clip lead shorting R4 after a minute,
again after the above fix?

If all this checks out, I will be asking for someone I can
FAX the circuit to, who then can post it on a web site for
the rest of us.

Bruce Roe