[Diy_efi] timeframe to get equal fuel distribution

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Tue Mar 18 15:05:24 GMT 2003

Alexei Pavlov wrote:

> Don't look at the power but rather at the torque.
> As a member of this list you must know that there is a little difference
> between these two measures, and that hp is unimportant in the same way
> as processor frequency is to estimate its computing power.

I have a new appreciation for "HP" ratings.  As I increase boost on my
front wheel drive car, I have found myself wishing for traction.  The
turbo makes great amounts of torque which results in burned tires,
difficult launches, and a car that does great on a dyno but can be
passed by an angry bicyclist if I apply only a little too much
throttle.  For this application, I'd rather be moving the torque peak
higher into the rpm range, making more hp, than making more torque.

Shannen