[Diy_efi] Typical boosted ignition timings

Marc Reviel marc at powerlogix.com
Fri Mar 21 16:57:02 GMT 2003

The distributor was gutted and a simple sensor added for Sync Signal
to the MoTeC. No advance/retard of any kind.  MoTeC also uses the
60-2 factory crank trigger wheel.  Never any issues with the MoTeC
working properly.

I did get some feedback from Todd at ProtoMotive. He did say they had
to retard to 14 degrees @ 1 bar on 91 octane on an engine very
similar to mine to be able to run on street gas.

Experimentally, I was arriving at 12 degrees @ 1.25b and Lambda set
to .85 on 93 octane to get detonation-free on my engine.  That seemed
a little too retarded at first, but considering Todd's experience,
maybe that's just the way it is.

Have you worked much with engines similar to this one?

>You must know the story of ignition distributors then.
>Do you know if there is any mechanical advance system inside
>the factory distributors ?

Marc J. Reviel

Director of Engineering/CTO
PowerLogix