[Diy_efi] 402 TO 454 VORTEC CONVERSION

Eck, Joel (Houston) Joel.Eck at hp.com
Wed Mar 26 15:39:40 GMT 2003

What I would do for the dual tanks is put a transfer pump from one tank =
to the other, and manually transfer fuel as needed. This way, the fuel =
return and pickup still go to your main tank.=20

The other alternative would be to use a later model dual tank diverter =
valve (which isn't exactly cheap, from what I've heard) and switch so it =
can switch the pickup and return from one tank to the other. For this =
setup, I would copy the factory setup for the dual tanks so there is no =
confusion/problems down the road. This may require dual pumps, but =
there's info in the archives about using external pumps (they seem to =
work fine).