[Diy_efi] Knock sensor for Olds

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Mon Nov 17 03:33:27 GMT 2003

As far as I know the knock sensor is a piezo microphone.  I don't think
there's much difference between them, other than packaging.  The knock
filter/ESC filter varies by application.  At one time there was a
spreadsheet on the FTP site that listed filters of all 3 types:  C3
(little flat black box), P4 (integrated onto memcal), and the little
blue one that plugs onto the PCB board of the computer.  It disappeared
in the crash, does anyone have a copy?

There was also a document that gave the transfer functions for all the
MAP sensors.

--steve

Chris Carson wrote:

> >From the archives of the Olds 350 DIY_EFI project...
> With nothing better to do one night, I was looking up the part numbers to
> knock sensors. Two applications: 1988 custom cruiser 307, 1990 camaro 305
> TPI. They came up with the same part number!
> So... this made me formulate a theory that the knock sensor is specific to
> the engine displacement only...leading me to assume that a Chevy 350 knock
> sensor will also do well for an Olds 350. Does this hold any water????
> Chris

Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com
ARM,Inc.