[diy_efi]Pulse width meter - Using the Data

Jag Man jag_man653 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 18:17:06 GMT 2004

Marcello,

I'm no expert here, but I agree that you can't tell a great deal
about idle performance merely from the pulse width. The only map
I've seen is for the old D-Jetronics Bosch/Lucas 3CU (Jaguar v12).
The overall PW range is between 3 and 10 ms. I don't have a PW
meter, but on an oscilloscope I can barely see any difference at all
in the idle PW as I change the idle fueling adjuster. I think the problem
is adjustments are in the order of 10%, which is only about 0.3 ms.

In my case I hope to gain some diagnostic insights by looking at the pulses.
Not sure yet if I will or not...

Ed