[Diy_efi] converting add on ECU to stand alone

Phil1934 at att.net Phil1934 at att.net
Fri Feb 20 10:48:22 GMT 2004

I was looking for an inexpensive ECU to drive a fuel line solenoid to jets in mock carbs to replace unobtainable Stromberg 97 carbs on antique 6 carb intakes.  I found http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/mf2/techmf2/mf2tec.html for $300 with a range of 2000-9000 RPM and wonder if I remove the link pin between the cylinder selectors (2,4,6,8,10,or 12) and connect two wires from the 2 cyl pins to the NC side of a relay and two wires from the 8 cyl pins to the NO side and trigger the relay with an MSD RPM switch if I could lower the useable RPM to 500.