[Diy_efi] going sequentail on a 2-stroke?

Peter Jonasson jonasso at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jan 26 14:17:05 GMT 2004

Joel

I am new to the list as well. My input is more electronics related

I am not sure if joining the two injector pulses together is a "good =
thing".
If it isn't, you could put two heavy duty steering diodes, one in series
with each injector, to isolate the injector pulses from the ECU. There =
is a
small voltage drop (.7v) across the diode, but it will isolate the two =
ECU
outputs. I am not sure how the .7v drop will affect injector =
performance.
There also may be some transient issues that with have to be taken into
account when selecting a diode.

Good Luck with you Project.

********************************
Peter Jonasson (905) 525-9140
Laboratory Supervisor ext. 24935
Engineering Physics Dept.
McMaster University JHE A304/A
********************************
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."=20

Hello,

I am new to the list. I have designed and built my own billet 2-stroke=20
cylinders that envolve one injector located in the cylinder wall of each =

cylinder as well as a supercharger. The engine is a 600cc twin with 180
degree=20
offset between cylinders.

We are using a DTA controller. This particular controller will not be=20
sequential in its 2-stroke mode but it has a 4-stroke sequential mode. =
This=20
got me to thinking, why not set it up in 4-stroke sequential and use 4=20
injector leads to run two injectors? Thus giving me the ability to go=20
sequential and having the correct number of injections of fuel in =
relation
to=20
crankshaft rpm.

In case I haven't made my thoughts clear, this would be running two =
injecor=20
leads to one injector. Only one will be firing at any single time =
though.
The=20
obvious question is, will this destroy the ECU?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Joel Day
4th Yr. B.Sc. Min Eng