[Diy_efi] Hydrogen Powered Vehicle

Peter Jonasson jonasso at mcmaster.ca
Mon Jul 19 21:46:35 GMT 2004

Greg
..First of all, this list never was nor has been political. What it has,
..although it's been rather quiet lately, is an extremely LOW and =
OUTSPOKEN
..tolerance for blatant INCOMPETENCE and MISINFORMATION !!!

[Peter says...] Calm down Greg... when I said it was being political it =
was
half tongue in cheek.

..At least. (triple power consumption)

[Peter says...] The triple figure for power generation was one given to =
me
by an Atomic Energy Canada Engineer, and he was referring to Canada. It
assumes all Vehicles are electric. Personally I have not pulled out a
Wattmeter to confirm this. It may be more than triple in other =
countries.=20

..It doesn't even DREAM of being more efficient !!

[Peter says...] Hydrogen to electricity to drive is more efficient than
fossil fuels. It is when you use fossil fuels to make electricity that =
the
efficiency is less.

..Oh REALLY ?? Have we neglected the fact that, in some circumstances, =
water
..vapor is approximately 2 to 3 HUNDRED times as powerful a greenhouse =
gas
..as CO2 is ????

[Peter says...] As far as water vapour being a greenhouse gas... that is
interesting... I would like to read more about that. Question... does =
that
mean "any" water vapour is adding to the greenhouse effect? I thought =
the
real problem was methane gas from cows... seriously.

=20
..And--the unspoken problem--the handling of hydrogen on an everyday =
basis
..with non-exotic materials--is the 2 ton Kodiak bear hiding in the =
hydrogen
..greenie-freaks' closet !!
[Peter says...] I totally agree, except for the greenie-freaks closet =
thing.
But I get your meaning.

 The PROBLEM is that it is NEITHER !!
[Peter says...] It is cleaner, but cheaper...no! I erred, it will not be
cheaper.

..Because the government's _IDIOTIC_  'CAFE' regulations legislated them =
out
..of existence !!
[Peter says...] Only thing I can say is, who did you vote for???? The =
point
I am trying to make is... I like station wagons, and apparently so does
Chrysler.

..Might be useful for running over a herd of greenie protesters---
[Peter says...] I sense some real anger here Greg. I am not a =
Greenie-freak
protestor hiding in a closet. I am just a guy putting a TBI system onto =
Jeep so it will pass the f*@ki%g emissions test so I can drive the =
thing.
There is also a huge play factor, which is always good. I am almost =
afraid
to ask what you drive.

..The incompetence expressed in typical 'hydrogen economy' advocacy is =
so
..blatantly obvious to anyone with a smattering of technical KNOWLEGE=20
[Peter says...] you spelt knowledge wrong.
..that I
..have concluded that the proponents of such things MUST be aware that =
it
..could never work, and are therefore motivated by a totally different
..agenda--namely, to deprive most of us of our freedom of movement and
..action
[Peter says...] Okay, sooooo does that mean the 1 BILLION dollars =
General
Motors is pumping into Hydrogen technology is because they are a trying =
deprive you of you freedom of movement and action. Try Googling GM and
Hydrogen.
..!! Hence, my conclusion that it is well past time to begin calling =
such
..advocates what they really are whenever they pop their heads up !!
[Peter says...] And that would be??????? If you are referring to me =
being an
advocate of the "hydrogen economy" you are incorrect. If anything I =
would
like to see the system switch to electric vehicles and rapid transit. =
The
rail system works in Europe... why not here? Looking for an answer by =
the
way. But that topic is on another forum.

Greg is seems pretty obvious that you are upset with "greenies" or =
anyone
with that mindset. It would be interesting to have a discussion with you
about Gun control, Nuclear power, the dangers of tobacco, or the right =
for
Women to vote. Just kidding about the last one.=20

The great thing is you have the right to your opinion, and you express =
it
well; I agree with some of it and disagree with the rest, which too is =
my
right.

Think I will just stick to postings about the successes and failures of =
747
TBI conversions, and leave Hydrogen powered vehicles to the future. =
Someone
posted that the conversion would be at least 30 years down the road... I =
on
the other hand will likely not be driving by that point.

Peter