[Diy_efi] Hydrogen Powered Vehicle - SUV safer?

Don Sauman donsauman at cythera.net
Tue Jul 20 00:03:41 GMT 2004

Guts
Just my twp penneth worth.
It seems to me, with 41 years driving experience and 34 in 4WDs, that
most "accidents" are avoided by driving within your own and the vehicles
limits. There will always be better or worse, safer or less safe,
vehicles. And of course there will occasionally be times when you are
caught up in someone elses mistake or even just chance.
I was extremely surprised one day when driving too quickly(my mistake)
on a main highway I found myself about run into a column of traffic in
my lane that had stopped suddenly. I braked heavily a swung into the
empty on coming lane. My 1983 Jeep wagon then travelled sideway with
wheels locked for about 20 feet. this almost 2 tonne vehicle did leaned
but did not even look like rolling over. I don't nelieve from past
experience I would have gotten away with that in a Landcruiser. This was
all my fault for driving too quickly and not paying sufficient attention.
In Perth in Western Australia, and I am sure it is the same elsewhere,
we are blessed with having to deal with trucks, semis, and road trains
in the metropolitan area. Yet there are so few accidents between these
vehicles and cars that I have yet to personally witnesss one. I know of
them happening though.
The point is that you can drive whatever you like as long as you take
due care; it is too easy to blame the vehicle And try to avoid telling
other people what they should drive.
This SUV debate is a very emotional one but the negatives are not really
supported by the evidence.
Now back to fuel injection.  :-)
Cheers
Don