[Diy_efi] Re: runaway engine

Phil Lamovie phil at injec.com
Thu Jul 29 17:58:11 GMT 2004

>>> The biggest safety issue, to me, I haven't read about anywhere.  Basically
>>> H2 EFI is throttle-by-wire. What happens if for any reason, such as a s/w
>>> bug or electronics or mechanical failure, you get full fuel flow?  With a
>>> hydrocarbon fueled engine it'd flood and die, but w/ H2 you'd have a full
>>> torque runaway engine until you hit the rev limiter. Any DIYer had better
>>> give that a LOT of though

Phil the reason that you haven't read about it any where
is because it doesn't happen.

H2 may be magic stuff but alas despite all my efforts it still uses boring
old air as the supply source for the oxidant required for combustion.

H2/Air mixtures even have rich and lean limits of combustion.

HTH

phil