[Diy_efi] My predicament

joeld joeld at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 4 01:12:09 GMT 2004

Ok, so i don't know how many of you remember, but I came on here talking about
how to sequentially inject a 2-stroke a while ago. Anyhow, we got it all wired
up and one cylinder wasn't firing. As it turns out only one injector output
from our controller works. There is a problem internaly that is causing this.
We phoned the guy at DTA (the ECU is a DTA) and he said he never wired it up
that way to begin with and hung up on us. Not impressed to say the least. For
a $2300 controller you think he would have set it up properly or waranteed it
or whatever, not hang up at any rate.

So, I do have a few electical engineering friends that I could let tinker with
this thing. Either internaly or externaly. Any ideas? Could we take the one
signal and produce another that is 180 apart from it to drive the other
injector? Can we open the thing up and possibly fix it? Do we throw it in the
garbage and get a real controller (Motec i guess)?

Joel Day
4th Yr. B.Sc. Min Eng
C.S.C 2004 Project Coordinator
Home: 780-434-9294 Cell: 780-722-5376