[Diy_efi] check VSS

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Sun Oct 10 01:28:13 GMT 2004

=20

I think those are the hall effect sensors.  Driven by a gear, right?  =
The hall effect sensor acts like a switch to ground as it spins, so you =
should be able to check it with your multimeter set on ohms.

The other kind is a reluctor sensor which creates an A/C voltage.  This =
kind has the reluctor wheel on the output shaft and would be harder to =
check off the car.

--steve