[Diy_efi] Exhaust gas temp

Brian McMahan BMcMahan
Fri Apr 1 13:41:35 UTC 2005

Don't get me wrong I understand what they say, I was just telling you what I've seen. Mostly in diesels and some select imports. What type of motor?

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of hugh at sol.co.uk
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 4:21 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] Exhaust gas temp

I have a colleague that has regular contact with an engineer that works for Garrett in their test facility.

The melt point for Inconel turbine wheels is reported by him to be just over 1040?C ~ 1900?F

I have an EGT probe just after the turbo on my engine, and have regularly seen 1000?C for short periods on high boost using Garrett turbos.

My engine has been stripped down a few times over the years and apart from some wear on the exhaust valve guides appears not to mind the temperature.

Hugh