[Diy_efi] false myths

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Sat Apr 2 02:22:54 UTC 2005

--- gary <gas- at charter.net> wrote:

> He has written about the physics of the combustion
> process as it relates to the data collected during
> GAMI testing, with GAMI charts and graphs, along
> with data collected by aircraft engine engineers
> during their work, being referenced as well in the
> articles noted above.

I've seen him talk extensively about spark advance,
even fueling between cylinder, running LOP, and
measuring EGTs and where engines have the best margin
of safety from engine damage, as well as where they
tun at best fuel economy.  I don't recall him having
addressed anything about the actual combustion
process, and I know I haven't read anything about
there being no such thing as lean misfire, or your
description of why there is incomplete combustion from
lean operation.  I'd definitely be interested in
reading it, as it runs counter to everything I've read
thus far on the subject.  Let me know if you happen to
find it.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |