[Diy_efi] Exhaust gas temp

gary gas-
Wed Apr 6 22:04:19 UTC 2005

I posted this with the hope/intent on getting a comment primarily
from  B.T. Corneto.
TIA.

> - Normally aspirated engine @ 8.5:1 CR - 1050 - 1250? F *
> - Normally aspirated engine @ 11.5:1 CR - 1150 - 1550? F *

In lite of posting the exhaust temps noted above, do you then
disagree with the statement noted below, from the link included?
http://www.sdsefi.com/techegt.htm

This from within the paragraph....
"Raising the compression ratio with no other changes will drop the
EGT at the same AFR."

BTW, for others interested, the above link agrees with some findings
that were noted earlier, from the elaborate scientific GAMI testing.

> ....special thanks to Smokey Yunik for telling me about this back in 1979.

A few authors of article thot those holes were for the purpose of
viewing the exhaust flame color.   :D

GAS