[Diy_efi] Air fuel meters

Bobby Yates Emory liberty1
Tue Apr 19 05:09:19 UTC 2005

James,

That is amazing - that the Baja outweighs the Fairlane.

(To put it in perspective - James's Fairlane is a full size car - while he
is correct that it is not a Galaxy - it is just as big - body parts will
swap but the trim will look funny. And it has the low performance motor.)

Probably the reason the WRX didn't impress you is because you were getting
it rolling and then "punching it". On your Fairlane that works because it
has a lot of torgue. The WRX is down on torgue at low RPM - it is only half
as many cubic inches. To get a good ride out of the WRX, floor the
accelerator, watch the tach and let it rev up to the horsepower max rpm, and
then feather the clutch while you keep the accelerator on the floor. That
should be fun or maybe expensive. :-)

Bobby

On 4/18/05, James Seabolt <turbofiat at hotpop.com> wrote:

> At 11:19 AM 4/17/05, you wrote:
> >At 227bhp there is no way you're going to smoke all 4 tires on
> >pavement. My 323GTX is making 350bhp and most times it will stay hooked
> >if I punch it in 2nd gear. With my STi swap of a few years ago I was
> >making 320bhp and it had trouble lighting them up.
>
> Well that was just a figure of speech. What I was getting at was, my 5
> liter 68 Ford Fairlane only makes 190HP but felt like it has more
> acceleration that the WRX. And it's probably a heavier car although my
> Baja
> actually weighs 200 lbs more than my Fairlane.
>

> James Seabolt
> Tennessee, United States
> Homepage --->>> http://users.chartertn.net/jseabolt/
>
> 2003 Subaru Baja
> 1980 FIAT 2000 "turbo" Spider
> 1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (Not a Ford Galaxie!!)
> 1987 Yugo GV 1500cc also turbocharged
>
> --

Toward freedom,

Bobby Yates Emory