[Diy_efi] fast-ish 6 channel data logger

Gianmarco Rizzo BE/EAS gianmarco.rizzo
Wed Apr 20 09:04:43 UTC 2005

Adam

that was my initial thought, but then i have decided i wanna see exactly what happens when cranking to injection durations and sparks for both cyls, in relation to the phase sensors. so a data logger, or maybe even a logic analyzer seems to be the best (and cheap) solution. for a scope, i'd need a digital storage one with a few channels, or invent something to see the different events on only 2 channels. at the koment anyway i dont know where to borrow one.

moreover, i wanna see what the IAW does when cranking. so far, the IAW has been unbeatable at starting the engine even at subzero C temperatures. below 5C, we have huge starting problems. and we have tried a bit of everything. so at this stage i suspect soemthing might be wrong in the starting strategy.

perhaps reaching the TDC the voltage so low and the injectors so sluggish the durations are all wrong, or anyway variable, or sparks are just in the wrong place

gm