[Diy_efi] RE: [offlist] Strain gauge on engine mounts

niche at iinet.net.au niche
Wed Apr 20 18:36:55 UTC 2005

At 02:14 AM 21/04/05, you wrote:
>>Any mech structural engineers here care to estimate degrees
>>of twist for say 100 newton metres of torque over length of say
>>650mm and 80mm dia... ?
>
>Assuming a tube wall thickness of 2.54mm I calculate 0.0956 degrees of twist.

Ah yes it is that small, mmm, but doable I guess as with some
care at the elctronics side, thanks for the calculation :)

I guess one could devise a material prop and structure to provide
a bit more twist without backlash winding the gears ;)

Rgds

Mike