[Diy_efi] WBO2 and AFR

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jul 7 16:56:59 UTC 2005

--- Michael Richards <michael at fastmail.ca> wrote:

> Would you not consider a stoich mixture of fuel one
> that consumes all the available oxygen?

If combustion is 100% complete, which of course it
never is in reality.

> If oxygen were rendered from the combustion event
> then I would expect there to be sufficient fuel to
> combust that as part of the equation.

And that is correct.  However, there is nothing to
detect unburned fuel in the exhaust, so there is no
way to determine how much of the oxygen is truly
"excess" and how much "belongs" to uncombusted fuel.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |