[Diy_efi] Re: MEMCAL Swap

Lee M. Lemoine llemoine
Wed Jul 27 20:15:09 UTC 2005

I know the dodge guys do stuff like this similarly with pressure
switches, and the like -- and i'm sure you can plug into the fuel
pressure test port (tee off of it) and hook yourself up to some COLD
START INJECTORS off of a saab or toyota (they're all the same, i
believe)...   The ones i have are constant duty (solenoid) type
whereas they remain closed all the time, and when you power them they
open up, (not pulsed)...  not sure what they're really rated at...

Personally, i'd extract the guts out of the lotus file, compare them
to your stock tables, and sort of make a 'merge' of both of them. Your
going to have to take a stab at your fuel tables, may as well figure
on putting larger injectors in and staying with a single stage if you
can...   The complexities of figuring out extra fuel can be
rediculously complicated, esp. when flow rates are unknown (both air
and fuel) and the rail pressure hasn't been established.

You know, the haltechs really easy to setup comparitively.  ;)  LOL
-- LL