[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Daniel R. Nicoson A6intruder
Wed Jun 8 20:51:50 UTC 2005

Trust me, if there was any merit to this idea it would already be on the
market with Ford or Toyota or some other brand name on the patent.  There
has been SO much research by real scientists and engineers over the years
looking at combustion initiation, I find it hard to believe these guys just
came up with something fundamentally new.

If something like this could provide better emissions or better efficiency,
don't we think the mainstream manufacturers would already have used it?
These manufacturers spend huge amounts of money trying to meet today's
specs, they cringe at the thought of tighter specs.

I put this device up there with the intake swirl plates (mount right after
the throttle body) that are supposed to induce a "vortex" to intake air on
an EFI engine.  "This results in more complete mixture distribution".  Those
damn things ignore the fact that there is NO mixture to be distributed until
the intake port where the fuel injector is squirting fuel!

Sometimes the old basic, time proven designs are the best for a reason, they
work and have been proven.

My $.02

Dan Nicoson