[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Bret Levandowski skishop69
Thu Jun 9 02:00:46 UTC 2005

No one is saying that the plugs don't work. We're simply questioning the scientific basis (or lack thereof) of their claims on the website. No actual data was provided or any mention of who the 'independent studies' were performed by. People by nature find it difficult to accept things without tangible proof. If a bear craps in the woods and no one is there to step in it, did it really crap? All we're asking for is some solid data to back the claims. Seems like everyone who posted wanted to know how the would test out in a running vehicle by someone knowledgeable and TRUSTED. I'm out in Seattle and would be very interested to see your friends set-up. I would gladly take a five hour jaunt for a good learning experience. Feel free to shoot me some info.

BTW, Honda stopped using the pre-chamber heads because they DIDN'T work like the thought they would. ;p

Ernest Buckler <ebuckler at icehouse.net> wrote:
Top reply:
OK, let's get this straight: The science behind these plugs is NOT shakey at
all, it is perfectly sound: A spark ignites a flame in a small semi-seperate
chamber, this flame grows and then shoots out of holes into the main chamber
and ignites a very lean mix that could not otherwise be ignited by a single
spark. Honda and many others have built and sold millions of pre-chamber
engines. Whether or not they can improve on the equally excellent
combustion science in the most modern engines that achieve clean burn by
other means, is another question alltogether. Don't be bad-mouthing a
new?different approach that has thousands of hours behind it, created &
tested by intelligent men, just because YOU fail to understand it. For
another example, there's a company in Sand Point, Idaho, that has GLOW PLUGS
running in standard engines, getting excellent results that I have seen with
my own eyes. They are being fought to the death by Champion, Bosche, NGK,
etc. No igniton system, no distributor, just 12v until the engine is warm,
turn off power to the plugs, engine continues to run and perform just fine.
He refuses to sell to these big mfgrs. because they all make his royalty
money dependent on number of plugs sold, and not one of them will guarantee
to market his plug; meaning that they merely want to PREVENT them from
getting on the market. He has these plugs running in aircraft (!!!), and I
know the pilots, they love them. JD Simplot (potatos) has a research van
with a 351 Ford V8 in it, using these plugs, that runs just fine on 50/50
alcohol/water. These plugs will fire kerosene, alcohol, diesel, jet fuel,
propane, all in the same engine. The inventor and his team are sincere,
honest, hard-working men & women who have put many thousands of hours and
their life savings into this, only to be balked at every turn by the big
players who control the spark plug industry. I am also sure they are very
extremely depressed that they didn't think to include spark ignition engines
in their patents, because the flame pattern looks EXACTLY like that of the
Greenfire plugs - the glow-plug design controls TIMING by the size and shape
of the internal holes & venturi(s), so yes, that answers a lot of
questions several others have asked. This is not second-hand theorizing,
guys; I've seen the demos and know the test drivers and pilots who trust
these plugs with their lives. Proven beyond a doubt, but getting the
product to market when powerful forces don't want it on the market, is a
very real challenge. BTW, I never believed any of these "invention
suppression" stories either, until I met this group, if that's any comfort
to you other doubters out there.

Ernie B.