[Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Geoff Harrison geoff_h
Thu Jun 9 03:29:46 UTC 2005

Bret, and others, the site does state the "independent bodies" and quotes,

""Preliminary tests at EPA Australia in conjunction with the CSIRO** using
unleaded fuel demonstrated reduction of carcinogenic toluene and benzene of
greater percentage magnitude than overall HC reductions.
Using a variety of fuels, Greenfire reduces pollutants and is livelier in
response when fitted to almost any I.C. engine - rich or lean burn,
stratified, DFI/GDI, carburetted, rotary, 2-stroke, 4-stroke, even air
cooled small engines.
*Tested under CFR regulation 40, parts 86 and 600 (mobile sources) &
SAEJ1088 for fixed static state operation in certified independent
laboratories in USA, UK and Australia.
**Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (Australian
Government body)..""

I too tend to be sceptical on such things. As such I look for more evidence
before buying. But also give a concept merit if I see fit. I haven't delved
into the principles of the device, but it looks like a hi-tech glow plug.
Which they (Greenfire) are comparing to 100 yo tech spark plugs. Didn't the
diesel come before the petrol engine? So how old are glow plugs?

My point is the advertising hype may be overshadowing any true merit the
device may justifiably deserve. In my opinion, if the "plugs" do provide a
significant power advantages, a race team will take them on board.

Yes, it would have nice to see before and after power/torque curves. But
then I've seen those faked too. ie static fan blades in manifolds - a close
look reveals other mods.

If you want more info, there is a link on the site, daniel at greenfire.com.au

If they can't answer your questions, who can?

For now, I'm sticking to conventional plugs.

Geoff