Fw: [Diy_efi] Link for greenfire spark plugs...

Geoff Harrison geoff_h
Thu Jun 9 08:03:07 UTC 2005

Bernd replied
> On Thursday 09 June 2005 13:46, Geoff Harrison wrote:
>> Bernd, Like I said, I'll stick to conventional plugs. IE I'm not
>> convinced.
> I wasn't responding to you in particular. more the merchandising
> aspects.
>
>> As for the cancer scare tactics, I'm not convinced that used
>> engine oil is bad for the skin. I might be wrong, still don't have
>> skin cancer on my 52 y/o hands which have been regularly dosed
>> with used engine oil for 35 years. If the skin starts falling off,
>> I'll let you know.
>
> Would you buy a motor oil that's marketed as containing less of a
> particular carcinogen? Would you think through what other stuff is
> replacing the removed carcinogen?
No. I'll stick with what I am using. It appears to be doing what it is
supposed to. It does carry warnings, so if I am wrong I cant claim
compensation.
BTW, I know several motor mechanics. None have cancer. I have
lost several good friends through cancer.

>> I haven't looked into the specs for the test standards, I assumed
>> they were related to stationary engines, still a boring way of
>> moving one self.
>
>> The patent application is dated mid 90's. And they don't have any
>> commercially available units.
>> So the idea is 10 years old, and not on the shelves. Strange.
>
> One can patent just about anything. It doesn't have to work or be
> practical.
>
> Patent offices are littered with Patents based on flawed ideas.
> They will never work because one or more assumption made by the
> inventor is wrong.

That is close to what I implied. Can we leave this space for those that
may have some interesting info on alternate plugs?

Geoff