[Diy_efi] Timing Calculations

Mark Higgins nospam
Wed Jun 15 01:25:22 UTC 2005

Yes, the processing power would ultimately say wether I have the ability
to do the calculations, but as far as I can see, after adding up the
time I have and the calculations I need to perform, I should have ample
processing power to do it.  The uC has the benefit of only supporting
one engine type, so I don't need to support more than 4 cylinders,
multiple trigger setups, multiple ignition and injector setups,
different idle modes, staged injection...bleh bleh bleh..

I think I'll be leaving this processing out for now, simply because I
don't have the equipment to test exactly how it's effecting the timing
and how much of a benefit it is.

On the subject of timing, I just heard about idle control using ignition
timing adjustment.  Can anymore point me to more information on this?
How well does it work?  I assume, it would just be a refinement to idle
air control and not a replacement for it.

Mark Higgins