[Diy_efi] Air/Fuel meter now working! And L-jetronic

James Seabolt turbofiat
Thu Jun 16 19:31:01 UTC 2005

At 01:01 PM 6/16/05, you wrote:
>--- James Seabolt <turbofiat at hotpop.com> wrote:
>
> > This sounds like a good excuse to convert the car
> > over to L-jetronic.
>
>The L-Jet is really not very well suited to
>turbocharged applications.  I suppose you could run a
>normally-aspirated L-Jet setup and put the AAP sensor
>in the plenum; you still have the issue of retarding
>spark timing under boost, as well.
>
>Trying to find and adapt those old components seems to
>make less sense than simply buying modern sensors and
>using something like a Megasquirt.

I built a custom turbo system about 8 years ago for my Fiat Spider and it
uses L-jet. It works great for 7# systems.

James Seabolt
Tennessee, United States
Homepage --->>> http://users.chartertn.net/jseabolt/

2003 Subaru Baja
1980 FIAT 2000 "turbo" Spider
1968 Ford Fairlane 500 (Not a Ford Galaxie!!)
1987 Yugo GV 1500cc also turbocharged