[Diy_efi] Motorola MEMS ECU Info

Gary Fraser gary
Fri May 6 09:12:11 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have been searching through the archieves and i can only find 2 posts which refer to the Modular Engine Management System.

The MEMS system i used in a lot of Rovers / LandRover / Caterhams / Lotus / MG cars in the UK. However very little information apart from general 'what is it' seems to exist.

Unfortunately the car industry in the UK is very secretive, so the dealers do not really know much about the MEMS ECUs

I believe the design is a Motorola design.

 My question being, does anyone know if its possible to gain access to the maps, and/or make changes to them. On the two posts i found, someone referred to a .bin file he had managed to download from the ECU, does anyone still have this file.

Any datasheets or schematics on the MEMS2 units would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for viewing. Any information i can locate about these so called 'uncrackable' ECU's would be of great help.

Regards

Gary F