[Diy_efi] Measuring Pulse Width/Duty Cycle of an Injector?

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Tue May 24 18:36:54 UTC 2005

--- "Marcello A. Belloli"
<mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com> wrote:

> Honda Acura OBD 0 cars used a system of Peak and
> pulse width modulate.  I am not sure if this was or
> is a bosch system.

Unlikely.  Honda has developed their own PGM-FI system
in-house for years now.  They may be turning to Tier
1s, depending on the technology and costs associated,
but more likely they have been reverse-engineering
what others are doing, just like everyone in the auto
industry tends to do, and figuring out how the Other
Guy (tm) does it.

Interesting that others are using it now.  I think we
may well see more of that in the future.

> All I know is it sucks.  The later type used in OBD
> I cars just reduces the voltage.  And doesn't make
> my head hurt.

*grins*  I can see where it could be a bit of a
nightmare from the pulse width measurement standpoint.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |