[Diy_efi] Hardware for OBDII

FastFieros FastFieros
Fri May 27 18:49:30 UTC 2005

[FastFieros Wrote] Hi All,

I have a problem I would like to solve. I have owned a piece of hardware for
2 years almost that can sniff, upload, and download a VPW, PWM, and ISO2000
PCM. It is the AVT-716 See this page. http://www.avt-hq.com/devices.htm

This device requires a script sent with its in house product call Hex Term
to upload and download the PCM.

I have GM's DPS that allows me to get the SEED of a PCM, and even challenge
that PCM with hex values $00-$FF for the KEY response...

$3842 (the seed)

I challenge that with a Hex value between 00 and FF ( I think that is the
range)

Lets say I send it   $00

The response is    $C7BD

Lets say I send it    $01

The response is      $49E5

Lets say I send it     $02

The response is      $F5A9

Lets say I send it    $03

The response is    $F385

Lets say I send it  $04

The response is   $5BF0

Can anyone figure the algro from this type of info? Do you already have the
algro and want to sell me the formula?

So, I have the TECH2 and SPS software and can get a sniff on an upload from
that. It will look something like this.

<6C 10 F0 10 00
>08 FF 10 02 B2
>6C F0 10 7F 10 00 12 BB
<6C 10 F0 2A 01 42
>6C F0 10 7F 2A 01 42 12 5D
<6C 10 F0 2A 01 8B
>6C F0 10 7F 2A 01 8B 12 14
<6C 10 F0 2A 01 6B
>6C F0 10 7F 2A 01 6B 12 34
<6C FE F0 28 00
>6C F0 10 68 00 F6
<6C 10 F0 3C 01
>6C F0 10 7C 01 00 31 47 32 57 50 8A
<6C 10 F0 3C 02
>6C F0 10 7C 02 31 32 31 34 57 46 75
<6C 10 F0 3C 03
>6C F0 10 7C 03 32 39 37 32 35 33 9D
<6C 10 F0 3C 08
>6C F0 10 7C 08 00 8E B7 7C 15
<6C 10 F0 3C 09
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 09 31 67
<6C 10 F0 3C 0A
>6C F0 10 7C 0A 00 8F 02 A7 9C
<6C 10 F0 3C 0B
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 0B 31 65
<6C 10 F0 3C 1D
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 1D 31 53
<6C 10 F0 3C 14
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 14 31 5C
<6C 10 F0 3C 21
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 21 31 4F
<6C 10 F0 3C 22
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 22 31 4E
<6C 10 F0 3C 24
>6C F0 10 7F 3C 24 31 4C
<6C 10 F0 3C A0
>6C F0 10 7C A0 00 41
<6C 10 F0 27 01
>6C F0 10 67 01 38 42 7A
<6C 10 F0 10 00
<6C 10 F0 2A 01 42
<6C 10 F0 2A 01 8B
<6C 10 F0 2A 01 6B
<6C FE F0 28 00
<6C 10 F0 3C 01

Can anyone see the VIN in this capture? Its there.

I am willing to exchange information and even pay to a point for help in
getting a script to make this piece of hardware work so I don't have to
worry about VIN lock hardware, or hardware I am limited to year model only.
Yes, I own EFILive Flash, HP Tuners, AutoTap, DHP Powrtuner, and a couple
other products already. Each has a nice feature for what it does. I want to
be able to download every V6 PCM or V8 PCM that is VPW, and uses the
bootloaders that are available to figure out.

Loyde