[Diy_efi] building an LS7

Tomlinson, Brandon B. Brandon_Tomlinson
Fri May 27 18:33:25 UTC 2005

The ZO6 is a pretty good marketing device for GM.  The goal of the car
is to help promote the rest of the GM line.  I think they know they are
taking a beating in moving enough Corvettes but the flagship status
outweighs it.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Steve Ravet
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 1:26 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] building an LS7

I'm sure it is.  The amazing thing is that this project hasn't been
killed, depite the losses that GM continues to incur.  Bob Lutz recently
killed the Zeta platform which would have brought back the Camaro and
Firebird as rear wheel performance vehicles.  It's hard to believe that
the low volume of the Z06 will pay for it's development effort and this
huge new facility.  The article said the production line could be
expanded to produce up to 45 motors/day.

--steve