[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Sat May 28 05:49:30 UTC 2005

--- "Marcello A. Belloli"
<mbelloli at speedymotorsports.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out how to make a
> computer run on its base fuel map, and not use the
> O2 sensor.

That's a pretty simple one for most ECUs.  Just unplug
the sensor.  You'll get a "check engine" light, but
the machine should run in open-loop mode at all times.

> I was wondering if it might be possible to send a
> signal that looks like perfect mixture all the
> time?

The problem with that is that closed-loop mode doesn't
look at any other sensors except the O2 sensor.  If
you spoof a signal, then the engine could be running
ANY AFR at all.  It could stall, or you could even
damage the engine, in theory.  The results would be
very unpredictable.  I'd advise against this.  It
won't force the ECU into open-loop mode, which seems
to be what you are wanting to do.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |

Yahoo! Mail