[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Joe Boucher boucherj
Sat May 28 13:34:07 UTC 2005

The concept of feeding .5 volts into the O2 sensor line is not a stretch of
the imagination.  There maybe a way to turn off the O2 sensor capability in
the software, if the ECU is a GM model.

Here's the problem. You will be living on the edge.  If you are going to do
this on an engine already equipped with efi, you will more than likely crank
along okay.  But, is something goes wrong with you're setup (i.e. clogged
injector, bad sensor, vacuum leak, etc.) or you are adapting efi to another
engine, then there is no way you will be warned, except for knocking and
pinging, bad gas mileage, that something is wrong.

If you pay attention to those kind of details, then go for it.  Let us know
how it goes.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Marcello A. Belloli
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 11:32 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Hello everyone,
     I have been trying to figure out how to make a computer run on its
base fuel map, and not use the O2 sensor.  I was wondering if it
might be possible to send a signal that looks like perfect mixture
all the time?  A signal that looks like no adjustment need to be
made.  You could put this in place of the O2, so you could see the
fuel map output without correction.  Is this possible?  I'm figuring
do a reset of the computer and install this device.  Then take all
your readings.  What does everyone think?  Am I a crazy?

Thanks,

Marcello