[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Marc Reviel marc
Sat May 28 18:41:10 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Wade" <espresso_doppio at yahoo.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:31 AM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

<snip>

> People survived an awfully long time with open-loop
> EFI without all their engines self-destructing.  Most
> motorcycles still use only open-loop operation, and
> they don't blow up from EFI faults.

Absolutely.  We build very high hp turbo Porsche engines and always run
open-loop, for both street and the track. My 1000hp 3.8L Porsche engine runs
open-loop all time and I use it for daily driving (in Texas) as well as
high-speed events. My dual widebands on  the MoTec are used only for tuning.
If it's tuned right  (ie, conservatively,  thoroughly), there are no
problems.

-Marc