[Diy_efi] Speed Density EFI adaptable to V-Twin?

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Mon May 30 09:17:52 UTC 2005

--- "Gianmarco Rizzo (BE/EAS)"
<gianmarco.rizzo at ericsson.com> wrote:

> this is what amazes me of some EFI applications.

> such sophisticated boxes with so many features but
> fueling is wrong...

Drivability is always a big issue where emissions are
a concern, because tuning for lowest emissions often
leaves abrupt transitions between power-friendly and
emissions-friendly mixtures.  This can be a particular
problem with large-displacement cylinders when each
cylinder has a throttle immediately adjacent to the
intake port.

I neglected to respond to part of the post you're
answering, so I'll post it here...

>> I have a 2002 R1150RA, and it has a bit of a lean
>> surge problem below 1500RPM.

There's a great bit online about how to minimize that
tendency through careful throttle body
synchronization.  Let me find it for you...

<http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/zero528.shtml>
<http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/R11-throttle-sync.shtml>

Also of interest:
<http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/R11-motronic.shtml>

And more can be had at
<http://www.ibmwr.org/r-tech/oilheads/index.shtml>  Enjoy.

| 82 Honda CX500 Turbo (Cassandra)  90 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |