[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Mike niche
Tue May 31 05:50:17 UTC 2005

At 09:50 AM 31/05/05, you wrote:
>Let me know when you think your not god

Oh really - is that a mature or thoughtful offering ?

Just because someone goes to the trouble to
rationalise an abstraction and offers sincere
speculation with the benefit of experience that
might exceed your (present) understanding is no reason to
abuse, chastise or attack the person.

When my 12yr old son was 10 and I was explaining
some combinatorial complexities as to why his robot
was acting up he got quite embarrassed he couldnt grasp
quickly enough  the complex abstraction and emotionally
retorted with some anger "...well you think you know everything..."

Rather than criticise and object to the possible tone of
a response I'd suggest suspending your ego (momentarily)
and think through the scenario as if in a dialectic:-  ie.

"If what you say is true then following through your thinking,
wouldnt it also be true that..."

I'm inclined to offer this to other un-named members of the group
as I think we can all get a bit heated when we might be attached
to our own way of rationalising technical content and I quite
honestly put myself in that camp too  <chuckle>

Hard I know but worthwhile, you have the benefit of my experience
that the approach I suggest will be more helpful to
your psychological development than the mere technical content.

cyah

Mike