[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

David Cooley n5xmt
Tue May 31 11:33:52 UTC 2005

On the american cars I have dealt with, O2 can manipulate the fuel tables by
+- 30% or more, usually with a check engine light at the 20-25% point
depending on the cal...  I can't see 25% or more as being only a few percent
and being insignificant... I have actual GM cal docs for these, and I have
reverse engineered other manufacturer cal's to see what they are doing as
well.
My 97 dodge ram, with STOCK injectors was made pig rich in the base cal and
the O2 corrections were pilling 12-13% fuel at idle and part throttle... WOT
is not corrected by an O2 that is removing fuel, but IS corrected in the
chrysler and GM cals by an O2 that is adding fuel to the base maps... All in
preservation of the engine, not cat efficiency.