[Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Tue May 31 16:36:25 UTC 2005

I was going to refer to the EFI testbench that Bruce built.  My
recollection is that he used a 555 type circuit to generate an O2
signal.  There's not really any mention of it in the article, but I'm
sure the details are in the archive.  I think for some computers this
worked OK, for others that expected to see more correlation between
pulsewidth and O2, it didn't.  Anyway, go to the gmecm page, projects,
then ECM testbench for the ascii version of the article.  The MS word
version is probably gone for good.

--steve

________________________________

	From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Bret Levandowski
	Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 11:16 AM
	To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
	Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Making a fake O2

	Actually, it is not 'impossible to fool an ECU with a constant
or switching voltage source'. There are two companies I know of (in the
states) that have developed a plug-in replacement for the O2 sensor on
numerous vehicles (mostly OBD II) that generates a 'proper' signal.
These are used in instances where inj size was increased or a turbo or
screw-charger was installed. Some also did require a flash of the ecu.